For live event professionals, the Parnelli Awards are the industry’s version of the Oscars. Earlier this year, the 17th annual Parnelli Awards gala took place at the Anaheim Hilton during The NAMM Show 2018. Since 2001, this prestigious awards ceremony has recognized individual professionals and companies within the entertainment industry for their visual masterpieces.
Some of our Vectorworks Spotlight software users were recognized for their outstanding innovations and creativity:
- Lighting Company of the Year: VER | Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
- Lighting Designer of the Year: Butch Allen | Paramore
- Set/Scenic Designer of the Year: LeRoy Bennett | Lady Gaga
- Rigging Company of the Year: Atlanta Rigging Systems | Garth Brooks
- Set Construction Company of the Year: Tait Towers | Lady Gaga
- Pyro Company of the Year: Strictly FX | Coldplay
- Indispensable Technology — Staging: Stageline Mobile Stage/Screen Support Package
- Hometown Hero Sound Company of the Year: Special Event Services (SES)
Reid Nofsinger of Strictly FX
SES' Michael Brammer with the Parnelli Award for Hometown Hero Sound Company of the Year
VER's Robby Kurtz
Congratulations to our users for this noteworthy recognition! The full list of award recipients and photo gallery can be viewed online.
*All images are courtesy of FOH magazine.