On May 22, architects in Switzerland will have the opportunity to attend BIM im Klartext at the Architekturforum Zürich. "BIM im Klartext" simply means "BIM in plain language," and attendees of this event will learn what BIM (Building Information Modeling) is, what the benefits of BIM are, and how BIM is used in Switzerland and other European countries.
The event will feature four presentations by industry educators and professionals, as well as an opening welcome and a summary with moderated questions at the end. The agenda includes the following:
1. Welcome and opening words by Prof. Fritz Häubi
2. "What is BIM? An Introduction" by Prof. Dr.-Ing. Odilo Schoch
3. "Collaboration with BIM in Practice" by David Gubler, Dipl. Arch ETH
4. "From CAD to BIM Planning in Five Steps" by Andy Hängärtner, CAD Expert
5. "Quality Assurance by Building Analysis with Solibri" by Andrés G. Damjanov, Dipl. Architect
6. Summary and concluding questions by Prof. Fritz Häubi
Sponsors of the event include Bern University of Applied Sciences, the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland, Swiss-Architects.com, Solibri, ArchiMedia, and Vectorworks distributor ComputerWorks.
For more information and to register for BIM im Klartext, please click here.