The English version of Vectorworks 2015 software has arrived! This release contains more than 100 updates and new features, as well as cloud and mobile solutions, and is ready for Vectorworks Service Select members to download from the portal today. Shipping to all customers will begin September 23, 2014.
On Tuesday, September 9, Nemetschek Vectorworks CEO Sean Flaherty and CTO Biplab Sarkar held a press conference to share some details about what’s included in the latest version of Vectorworks software.
“With every new release, we concentrate on giving customers the enhancements and features they want, and, more importantly, what they need to make their visions come to reality faster, easier, and with more precision than ever before,” said Sarkar. “Vectorworks 2015 builds upon the functionality that is important to designers today, providing an experience that connects the dots between vision and realization in the most intuitive way possible.”
The new version is equipped with the power of 64-bit throughout the entire product line, allowing designers to handle projects of any size with better performance and stability. In previous versions, this state-of-the-art technology was only available in the platform’s award-winning CINEMA 4D render engine, Renderworks.
Another exciting enhancement to Vectorworks 2015 software is the innovative visualization engine, the Vectorworks Graphics Module (VGM), which premiered last year. Built exclusively for Vectorworks software by Nemetschek Vectorworks engineers, the improved VGM provides designers with a revolutionary graphical experience and unmatched visual control.
“We’re at a turning point where designers are discovering new ways to imagine and construct their projects,” said Flaherty. “Every day, designers choose Vectorworks because of our multidisciplinary approach and because they want a solution that supports their creative process instead of replacing it. We allow great design to materialize from inspiration, exploration, and discovery.”
Check out some additional features included in the new release:
- Capture a seamless, visual transition with the new default setting for the render mode and projection when switching from Top/Plan to a 3D view.
- Discover faster wireframe and planar graphics, and improved spatial relationships in the Wireframe rendering mode.
- Bend, taper, or create a bulge with practically any geometric object with the Deform tool.
- Transform the workflow for creating elevations and other presentation views with 3D Hatching in hidden line rendered views.
- Add artistic flare and create beautiful elevations from your BIM with hidden line rendering to reveal a simple hatch on textured walls.
- Efficiently create storefronts and glazing systems with new Curtain Wall tools, including Edit Curtain Wall for modifying all aspects of the wall directly.
- Utilize a powerful new level constraint system for story organization for modeling wall-to-slab connections.
- Draw, modify, and explore any rectangular wall network in a fraction of the time with the innovative rectangle wall mode and trim.
- Conveniently use PDF cropping, snapping control, and support for PDF/A for archiving.
- See improved import meshes and support for SketchUp textures.
- Realize the new import and export support for industry-standard STEP files and improved STL export.
- Uncover new gradient options for color control and transparency.
- Obtain greater control when setting terrain-modifying pads on sites with the new Pad from Grade Limits command and automatically identify potential conflicts.
- Calculate areas based on the surface slopes with the Landscape Area tool.
- Annotate, measure, and adjust locations for more control and accuracy over the slope of grade objects at varying distances with the new Grade tool.
- Visually navigate with symbols, 3D images, and model options in the new viewable directory for Plant libraries.
- Model more efficiently with new stage objects like edging, legs, bracing, and casters.
- Create supports for speakers, trusses, and other stage equipment with the adjustable-height Stage Lift object.
- Discover efficient lighting device options and documentation settings for faster light plots.
- Fly over, walkthrough, and zoom in and out of textured and shaded 3D models with the enhanced 3D viewing in the Vectorworks Nomad mobile app.
- Learn about the new mobile application Vectorworks Remote, which is available to all Vectorworks users, and connects mobile devices directly to Vectorworks for viewing, navigating, and presenting designs remotely.
We invite you to discover and experiment. Design without limitations. Design with Vectorworks. Visit www.vectorworks2015.net to learn more.