It’s time to once again highlight some of the best tech tips from our YouTube channel and share recent tech news you may have missed.
First, we have released the second Service Pack for the Vectorworks 2015 product line. This Service Pack includes multiple fixes in the following areas:
- Publish command: Information is no longer missing when exporting PDF files and page settings are retained after printing
- Worksheets: Resolves occasional crashes when resizing or using the Undo command
- IFC: Provides better IFC types export for different plug-in objects
- Curtain Wall object: Draws corners and round curtain walls properly and fixes door and window configuration issues
- Workgroup Referencing: No longer crashes when updating references while the referenced file is open
- Workspaces: No longer crashes when editing a workspace to add menu commands to the Object Context menu
This Service Pack is available for all non-localized English licenses as a downloadable updater. To install the Service Pack, please click here or go to the About Vectorworks 2015 dialog box in the Vectorworks menu (Mac users) or Help menu (Windows users) and click Check for Updates.
Next, we've added some new videos to our YouTube channel to help designers make the most of their Vectorworks software. For example, boost your productivity this month by learning how to personalize your working environment by customizing anything from the location and content of tool palettes to individual menu options.
Then, learn how to use the new View Transition Animation capabilities with Saved Views, which designers often utilize to navigate in a file or control class and layer visibilities. With Vectorworks 2015, you can now also use Saved Views to present a project.