We are thrilled to see the Vectorworks name popping up more and more in the media these days. Between the 2016 Design Summit, the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Convention 2016, and the Rock in Rio Festival, we’ve been busy connecting with our users and making headlines.
For example, the media is still raving about our second annual Vectorworks Design Summit. Learn more about some key takeaways and industry insights that attendees gained this year:
- Architect magazine posted “Vectorworks Highlights New Tools and User Experience at Design Summit,” featuring this notable quote, “the enthusiasm at the Vectorworks Summit, combined with the company’s commitment to user feedback, makes the software developer seem much like an upstart on the rise.”
- Exclusive Design Summit media partner World-Architects published two articles: a recap of 5+1AA architectures’ Simonetta Cenci’s presentation in “Architectural Competitions: From Sketch to BIM” and a project highlight on Kyle Fiddelke of The Office of James Burnett (OJB) in “OJB at Lakeshore East.” Fiddelke not only presented about the Park at Lakeshore East during the Summit, but he also led attendees on a tour of the park and its surrounding area.
- Landscape industry insights from the event were covered on Land8’s website with “Vectorworks Design Summit 2016 Chicago Recap.”
- Live Design gave Vectorworks’ CEO Dr. Biplab Sarkar and Principal Software Engineer Dedrick Duckett some screen time in a video about Spotlight and ESP Vision.
- Architosh ran “Vectorworks Design Summit 2016 – What Was Cool This Year” and alluded to future stories on our Design Keynote Eva Franch i Gilabert and 5+1AA architectures.
- Engineering.com posted “Vectorworks Gets Serious” with an in-depth look at Sarkar as our new CEO.
In related news, John Helm took a deeper look at one of the upcoming features that we revealed at the Summit with “Virtual Reality it’s here for architects.”
The media kept the coverage rolling by covering our AIA convention activities. We met with 14 different media outlets including DesignIntelligence, Architizer, Builtr Labs, Archispeak, AECCafe, Medical Construction & Design, Building & Design + Construction magazine, Metropolis, Architosh, Studio Gray, Metal Architecture Construction News, Perspecta: The Yale Architectural Journal, The Construction Specifier, and Architectural Record.
With a team of our industry experts, software engineers, and our CEO at AIA, the media left with an in-depth look at what’s to come in Vectorworks software. Let’s take a look at their garnered insights:
- Architizer: “What’s the Tech? Autodesk, Vectorworks and Graphisoft Updates at AIA 2016”
- AECCafe: “From the Exhibit Floor: AIA Convention 2016”
- Architosh: “AIA 2016: Information Technologies at this Year’s Convention – Part 1”
Last but not least, Vectorworks employees rocked out with the best of the best lighting designers during this year’s Rock in Rio music festival in Lisbon, Portugal that capped off just last week! As you might’ve already heard, we partnered with Production Resource Group (PRG) to power the festival’s previsualization and ensure a seamless experience. Read more about our role there in the Planet Vectorworks blog post, and check out pictures from the event in our Rock in Rio Facebook album. Stay tuned for upcoming videos and stories giving you a behind-the-scenes look at an event of this caliber with these lighting designers!