If you’re looking to present, collaborate, and provide feedback more easily with clients, colleagues, and consultants, then we have your answer: Modelo, our new partner product and integrated plug-in.
As the fastest real-time, web-based 3D model communication tool in the AEC industry, Modelo is a browser-based platform that allows architects and designers to upload, present, and share their 3D Vectorworks files (VWX). Viewers of these files can then leave feedback and markups, which are archived for later review, without even needing to install any software.
“In today’s highly competitive market, the ability to quickly and effectively communicate about a design in 3D with clients and collaborators is of the upmost importance,” said Jeremy Powell, product marketing director at Vectorworks. “Our partnership with Modelo puts powerful, web-based collaboration tools in the hands of designers and architects so they can easily transfer designs right out of Vectorworks software into Modelo for intuitive design review, no matter their location.”
Modelo offers designers several workflow-enhancing features, including the ability to:
- Visualize 3D models directly through their internet browser.
- Share specific, presentation-ready views directly with clients.
- Create comments on 3D models for internal team feedback.
- Jump into Virtual Reality (VR) with mobile devices and Google Cardboard.
- Switch to presentation mode for clean, curated tours of designs.
- Cut real-time sections and measure in 3D space.
- Access models via mobile- and tablet-optimized browser interfaces.
- Control user permissions across their projects.
Modelo has three account options to suit a variety of firm sizes, including Free, Studio, and Enterprise. For more information about pricing, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Modelo’s pricing page. Aspiring designers and architects in the academic community can also take advantage of Modelo’s free or trial version to achieve the same collaborative and communicative opportunities.
The plug-in is currently available for Windows users of Vectorworks software only and is compatible with Google Chrome and Firefox web browsers.
Discover other companies, developers, and products that we’ve teamed up with by visiting our Partner Community page.