As part of our continued dedication to better serve designers, we just released Service Pack 3 for the Vectorworks 2017 software line. The updates include plenty of productivity and performance enhancements to improve your workflows.
“Vectorworks 2017 was a monumental release for us, but we haven’t stopped working to make it the best design software available,” said Vectorworks CEO Dr. Biplab Sarkar. “This feature-heavy Service Pack 3 update reinforces our mission to develop user-friendly and adaptable software that achieves high-quality performance for the ever-changing needs of today’s professional design firms. What’s more, our service packs are a free added benefit to all customers."
Updates to the Vectorworks 2017 Products
With the SP3 release for Architect, Landmark, Spotlight, and Designer, designers can now access the following updates:
- For a more productive 3D workflow and faster navigation, designers will benefit from improved capability with 3Dconnexion’s 3D mouse. Designers can make use of the 3D mouse and design with two hands for better workflow customization. Also, functionality on the Mac now aligns with that of Windows.
- Providing a greater level of control and consistency on Open BIM projects, the new IFC Data Mappings command ensures that IFC has been mapped before exporting to a BIM model.
- More than 13 times as many high-quality 3D plants from VBvisual are now available by default, at the time of use, enabling more efficient workflows and improved visualizations.
- With IFC symbol import, it’s now possible to instance symbol data, which reduces file import time and file size, therefore improving the overall file performance.
- When exporting sheet layers to DWG, only the visible objects are exported. This significantly improves the file size when exporting a small, cropped viewport from a large file.
Overall performance improvements include but are not limited to the Vectorworks Graphics Module (VGM), structural member object, viewport data visualization, and BCF Manager.
Updates Exclusive to Vision 2017
Regarding Vision 2017, we’ve strived to continually improve and develop the previsualization software previously known as ESP Vision, since its acquisition. As part of this commitment, Vision 2017 received multiple improvements in Service Pack 3, including enhanced rendering quality and speed.
“I must say, improvements are noticeable and as a customer that makes me happy,” said Gaspar Potcnik, a Vectorworks user, after experiencing the Vision updates. “The new render is much more user friendly.”
Other new Vision updates with SP3 include:
- The new Export Video command allows designers to render out a movie of the currently rendered scene as a video file for improved sharing of design ideas with clients and colleagues
- Files will load significantly faster.
- Video capture devices can easily be customized on screen displays.
- Textured objects look more realistic.
Ready for your enhanced experience? Current Vectorworks users can apply Service Pack 3 updates by running the “Check for Updates” command, and those purchasing a Vectorworks 2017 license after the Service Pack 3 release should double check that it was downloaded. Vision users can obtain the links to download Service Pack 3 updates by visiting the tech bulletin.