It’s hard to believe, but as of this blog’s publish date, Vectorworks 2023 has already been out for two months! It’s now time for Service Pack 2, which brings several helpful fixes and updates to the software.
Fixes are focused on quality, performance, and making the most-used Vectorworks tools and workflows both more capable and reliable. In this blog article, you’ll read about the following:
- How to install Service Pack 2
- Notable updates
- General improvements
- Why you should update
- Where to find more information
How to Install Service Pack 2
The Service Pack is available to install via a downloadable updater for all U.S. English-based versions of Vectorworks 2023. To install the Service Pack, please select Check for Updates from the Vectorworks menu (Mac) or the Help menu (Windows).
Notable Updates in Service Pack 2
- New content is available for data visualization, as are new templates for TV and film customers in the UK
- Vectorworks now supports import/export of Revit 2023
- SIA dimensions are now supported when exporting to DXF/DWG/DWF
- Architect and Landmark customers can send objects on any visible design layer to the site model surface
- In ConnectCAD, you can now attach an adapter to a socket with a drag and drop operation
General Improvements to Vectorworks 2023 in Service Pack 2
- User interface behavior is improved with better accuracy and more consistency throughout, including contextual menus, the home screen, the color selector, palette docking, and default graphic attributes.
- Collaboration workflows, quality, and performance are improved in Spotlight. You’ll find better handling of 3D geometry with MVR and GDTF, more reliable data exchange with Lightwright, and improvements to cable and hoist tools.
- Performance, quality, and compatibility improvements apply to Shaded rendering, Renderworks, and Redshift modes for rendered viewports and animations. There’s also better consistency with the direct link to Twinmotion and Enscape when working with light sources.
- Renderworks and Shaded mode are compatible with the new Mac Ventura operating system.
- Service Pack 2 gives you more control when editing and reshaping structural members. Improved and more accurate 3D geometry for walls, wall end caps, door, window, and structural members give you an overall better experience.
- ConnectCAD improvements give you a better user experience with consistent behavior in the user interface.
Why You Should Update to Service Pack 2
Installing the Service Pack gives you big quality improvements to Vectorworks software, making it more reliable. Besides the fact that it’s free and easy to install if you have Vectorworks 2023, keeping your software up to date helps ensure that you’re getting the most out of the program.
Looking for more information?
For Australian customers, Service Pack 2 will be available on November 29, 2022. You can read the full release notes on our Tech Bulletin: